Forgive me, I don’t remember what the source is for this list of 5 things (as I had it scribbled on this random piece of paper I recently rediscovered in this day-and-age of hyper information-superhighway ADHD communication overload).
I do feel it is on point and Spirit is urging me to repost it, so here goes (with my additives and 2 cents at the end, take it or leave it).
5 Toxic Behaviours not to be tolerated!!!
- Backhanded compliments
- Competitiveness (one-upping)
- One-sidedness (someone always insisting that things are done one way only: THEIR way! “my way or the highway” kind of thing…)
- Always pointing out your flaws (and/or always criticizing)
… and now for Griff’s Devil’s Advocate feeling:
Everyone has a responsibility to themselves and ability as grown adults to make choices. Do not assume the helpless victim role.
Things to consider:
- Are you inflicting any of these traits on someone in your life yourself?
- Are you continuing to allow people to inflict these traits on you?
- Do you hang out with folks where you always do these things to/with each other?
- Can you ever learn from circumstances, grow, and move on from this?
- What is the bigger picture here?
Nobody is completely perfect in this world, and may exhibit these types of traits one time or another: due to insecurities, inferiority/superiority complexes, etc. No, it doesn’t excuse it, especially if it has turned into patterns of abuse. At some point it needs to stop, one way or another…
Life is too short.